Buying or Selling a Home
Information for Lenders and New Buyers
- LPCA Homeowner Dues for All Divisions: $265/year
- Waterway Fund for Divisions 2,3,4: $223/year
- Administrative Fund for Divisions 2,3,4: $35/year
- ** Above numbers as of July 2021. Estimated annual increase of 3% each year thereafter.
Invoices are sent out in June each year with a due date of July 1st.
Fishing Tag Fee & Boat Ramp Key if owner has not returned it to LPCA: $150
If you sell your home, please do the following:
1. Contact LPCA email email@example.com that you have sold your property.
2. Return your (2) LPCA Fishing tags, (1) LPCA Parking Hang Tag and (1) Boat Launch Electric Gate Card to Dick Kuss prior to closing or you will be charged a $150 fee at escrow. All 4 items must be turned in to avoid the fee. The address to return is 3675 Oceanside Drive. It should be done in person to Dick Kuss. Don't use the drop box for tags! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If your buyer requires LPCA Board Meeting Minutes, LPCA Annual Member Meeting Minutes, LPCA Financial Reports, you can find them at the website (lagoonpoint.com) under the tab “Members Area”. It is YOUR responsibility as a current LPCA homeowner to supply a prospective buyer &/or real estate agent with this information. Your buyer &/or their real estate agent WILL NOT BE GRANTED ACCESS to Members Site!
Covenants and Restrictions:
Properties in all divisions of Lagoon Point are subject to special covenants and Island County ordinances. Division 1 and View Tracts are governed by different covenants than the Division 2,3 & 4 covenants. All divisions are governed by the LPCA bylaws and specific covenants. All of these documents are found on the Docs & Maps page of this website.
Some Specific Restrictions:
- Living aboard boats is not permitted.
- Storage sheds, travel trailers, RVs, cars and boats are not permitted on vacant lots.
- Other restrictions apply and can be found in the covenants. Island County ordinance also govern and in some cases are more stringent than the Lagoon Point covenants.
Plans and specifications must be presented to and approved by the Architectural Committee before building. There is a 19 foot building height restriction.
LPCA Members owns "Common Properties" around the development:
For a listing of the Common Properties see the Doc's & Maps tab.
LPCA members hold these properties through LPCA, INC. for the purpose of protecting themselves from personal liability and to manage these properties.
The property taxes for these properties are divided by the total number of Member Properties (currently 443) and that portion is included in the Island County Property Tax Assessment for each member's property. Although these taxes are not itemized on your property tax statement they are calculated by Island County and each Member pays these taxes through their Island County tax assessment.
Fishing Tags & Boat Ramp Key:
Dick Kuss 360-222-3017
3675 Oceanside Drive
Dues are paid via United State Postal Service to:
P. O. Box 123
Greenbank, WA 98253
Dues also paid via Drop Box, location:
3675 Oceanside Drive.
It is attached to the fence just left of the garage.
LPCA Insurance Agent:
5595 Harbor Avenue
P. O. Box 789
Freeland, WA 98249
HELPFUL NAMES AND NUMBERS:
Lagoon Point Water District
P. O. Box 610
Freeland, WA 98249
360-579-1535 Bev Chan
EMERGENCY PAGER: 425-335-9396 (then dial your phone number for callback)
Puget Sound Energy Local: 360-331-3060 Toll Free: 888-225-5773
Whidbey Telcom Freeland: 360-321-1111
Island Disposal: 360-678-5701 or 360-321-1331
Island Recycling: 360-331-1727
South Whidbey School District: 360-221-6100
Corey Oil & Propane: 360-675-5445 or 360-675-2050
Vander Yacht Propane: 360-707-5550
Skaget Farm Supply: 360-757-6053 or 888-757-2076
Suburban Propane: 800-776-7263
Department of Licensing: 360-675-6466
Cable Television Companies:
Direct TV: 866-935-3678
Dish Network: 888-989-7919